PORTABLE HEARING INDUCTION LOOPS
KTP’s Portable Assisted Hearing System is designed for use in conference, lecture or meeting room facilities, where people with hearing difficulties face real challenges understanding the speaker clearly due to surrounding background noises.
Our Portable Assisted Hearing System (PAHS) comes with a combination of FM Microphone Transmitters (up to two per case) and Pendant Receivers depending on how many people need them (up to ten per case). The units can be charged within the robust carrying case, thus eliminating the need for additional charger units.
The main benefits of a portable hearing loop include:
- Fully portable which reduces the need for cabling, making it extremely cost effective and can be used in any room.
- Addresses the needs of multiple hearing aid wearers in a meeting or lecture room environment.
- Provides sound and clarity up to 50 metres.
- FM Microphone/Transmitter features a unique patented technology that increases the available sound level.
- Reduces unwanted background and peripheral noise.
Worn by the speaker on an adjustable neck cord, the FM Microphone/Transmitter features a unique patented technology that increases the available sound level and at the same time, reduces unwanted background and peripheral noise by up to 30 db, allowing hearing aid wearers to hear the speaker clearly. This desired sound is transmitted with enhanced clarity to the Pendant Receiver (worn around the user’s neck either above or below clothing.), which sends the signal to the hearing aid.
By removing background noise the desired sound is much clearer and intelligible, even in noisy classrooms or meeting situations. By increasing the available sound level, less strain is placed on hearing aid amplifiers. As a result hearing aid wearers can take a more active part in classroom discussions, lectures and meetings without the frustration of not hearing properly.